Seven Questions for D.R. Willis


#SevenQuestions this week is with my new best friend: D.R.Willis who, aside from being an author, is a chocolatier - which has nothing to do with why we're now best friends....how dare you insinuate otherwise!

David has written four books, details of which can be found if you follow the links at the end of the interview...the sweetest, tastiest, most chocolatey links...ummm...sorry, I got distracted for a minute there. :)

Over to you David...



1 - If you weren't able to write, how would your creativity manifest itself?


Well, first I have to say I can never imagine myself not writing. But…I’ve been oil painting for many years, mostly landscapes. And I have been known to burst out into song at the drop of a hat. I could see myself in some sort of singing group. 

2 - If you won $100 million on the lottery would you still write?

Yes, much more than I do now. And I would buy a beautiful cabin on a lake to write in. Probably not very unique, but it would be like a dream come true for me.

3 - One piece of advice for new writers?

Well, the one thing I believe in, although I cannot always do it myself, is to try and write every single day. Even if it’s just for a little bit. That way the story, the characters, are always playing around in your head.

4 - Sweet or sour?

I make chocolate for a living, so…sour. Just kidding! I’m surrounded by chocolate and Jelly beans. Sweet it is. :)

5 - On the days you're not feeling motivated, what will inspire you or kick you in the butt to get going?

If I’m sitting in front of my computer and I’m not exactly feeling it, I remind myself there’s always a chance I might not be able to write the next day or two for whatever reason. That usually does it for me. Of course, there’s always an extra cup of coffee.

6 - Sun or Moon?

Moon, I love the thought of a moonlit walk with the one you love.

7 - What's your favorite thing about your story? 

Actually, the favorite part of any of my stories is when one of the characters memories is actually my own. I hide a lot of my own life within the pages of my mystery/suspense stories.

Thank you for stopping by David. Please take a moment to check out David's links:
I’m on Twitter & Facebook


Email: drwillisbooks@aol.com




GSY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selling your book or selling your soul?

Questions for Spartagus.

#movies - Review - King Arthur: Legend of the Sword