Seven Questions for Jennifer Gracen



Jennifer Gracen has been my pal since I stumbled onto twitter and figured I'd give NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) a go. A vocal and passionate cheerleader for writing and writers, she's the prodigious author of several romance series. (Seasons of Love, The McKinnon Brothers, and The Harrisons)

Jennifer's also a big fan of all things Celtic, particularly Scotland, so if she's not penning another romance novel she's likely watching Outlander. I wouldn't bother her while she's watching Sam Heughan lol.

Please check out Jennifer's webpage link below to see her books. But first...   





1 - Which actor/actress would you love to see play your characters in a movie adaptation?

I don’t often have set celebrities in mind when I write a book, but for MORE THAN YOU KNOW, I very much did. Henry Cavill is my Dane Harrison, and Christina Hendricks is my Julia Shay. Can you imagine how hot those two would be onscreen together? Let’s get this movie going!


2 - If you weren’t able to write, how would your creativity manifest itself?

Music. I used to be a singer, and still sing all the time in my car or in my kitchen. Sometimes, singing is such a cathartic release… much like writing.


3 - What is your biggest phobia?

Death. No way around it, I am terrified of dying. The other huge one is deep water. I can’t swim, I was always too afraid to learn. My fear of deep water is so unfounded and so major, I think I must’ve drowned in a past life. Throughout my life, all my worst recurring nightmares have involved water: tidal waves, tiny bridges over threatening water, etc.


4 - If you won $100 million on the lottery would you still write?

Are you kidding? I wish I could win that much in the lottery, so I could buy a little cottage in the country somewhere and do nothing BUT write! I wouldn’t have to worry about paying my bills, any of the financial worries, because it’d be all set and I could just write all day long, every day.


5 - Can you just sit down and write or do certain things (location, music, ambience, time of day) need to be right?

I wish I was one of those people who could shut out the world and write anywhere, any time. Sadly, I am not. I need total quiet and no distractions so I can focus on hearing the voices in my head. I also can’t write when I’m tired. I used to try to push through and do that, but in time I came to realize that the next day, that writing was crap and I’d end up deleting it. So I don’t allow myself to write when tired anymore. I make myself stop. I prefer to write in the late morning/early afternoon; from 10 am to 3 pm are my most productive hours, both for writing specifically and life in general.


6 - Which of your characters would you like to date?

All of my heroes! They’re great guys! Warm, caring, smart, sexy, attentive, protective, supportive men… and drop dead gorgeous. But if I *had* to pick, I’d pick Dane Harrison from MORE THAN YOU KNOW, Gavin McKinnon from THE DOCTOR’S LOVE, and Sam Forrester from the Seasons Of Love series. They’re my faves so far.


7 - Favorite curse word?

Hahahaha! Anyone who knows me knows that Fuck isn’t just my favorite curse word, but my favorite word, period. It’s so expressive! It can be a noun, a verb, an adjective… “fuck” gets your point across like no other word. Also, I’m a born and bred New Yorker, it kinda comes with the territory, what can I tell ya.

www.jennifergracen.com

Jennifer's book MARRYING HIS BEST FRIEND (from Tule Publishing) was released on 8/16, and 'TIS THE SEASON (The Harrisons #3) (from Kensington Publishing) was released 9/27. Grab 'em both!


GSY

Comments

  1. Good stuff from Jennifer. I enjoy these little vignettes of other writers lives.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Selling your book or selling your soul?

#movies - Review - King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Questions for Spartagus.