Seven Questions for K.D. McCrite


Stopping by to answer #SevenQuestions today is the wonderful K.D. McCrite. Not only is K.D. a gifted writer, she's a keen supporter of other writers, and fount of writerly knowledge. She kindly took a few moments out of her hectic writing schedule to answer my goofy questions.

Check out K.D.'s book and social media links below!

Photo by: D. Savannah George-Jones

1 - If you weren't able to write, how would your creativity manifest itself?

If I couldn’t write, my ability to otherwise create would probably be compromised. I’m not a bad artist, so I’d get out my oils and canvases. I also have a natural ear for music, so I’d probably do a lot of music playing, and maybe some music writing. Sewing and other handcrafts would also be on that list of things to do.

2 - Are you scared of running out of ideas?

Surely you jest. I’m scared of running out of years (or working brain cells) before I exhaust these warehouse of ideas stored in my head.
3 - What is your biggest phobia?

Phobia means an unreasonable fear, so we’ll eliminate my fear of water, snakes, cities, traffic, freeways, interstates, air travel, closed-in spaces, prison, lightning, caves, basements, cellars, and the dark. I have an unreasonable and crippling terror of mice.


4 - Have you ever lied to get out of doing something so that you could write instead?

Nope. I will write whenever I want to, no matter where I am, even if I have to do it covertly. (And I have done that, often.)

5 - If you won $100 million on the lottery would you still write?

Absolutely. I would buy a house in a quiet neighborhood and make sure I had a soundproof, safe office with lots of windows. I’d hire a cook, a cleaner, an errand-runner, a phone-answerer, a driver, a dog walker, a masseuse, and a proof-reader. And I’d throw lots of dinner parties, because I wouldn’t have to cook or clean up afterwards.


6 - One piece of advice for new writers?

Keep learning and growing as a writer. Don’t give up. (That’s a two-fer. So sue me.)


7 - Which of your characters would you like to date?

The hero from the only historical novel I ever wrote (which is not published). Caley O’Brendan (I came up with that name long before it suddenly hit the world as a popular name for girls, but oh well.) He was an interesting person to me, the black sheep of a wealthy family, suspected of being the bastard son of the patriarch’s close friend, he was disinherited while he was quite young. Strong, intelligent, with a lot of backbone, Caley struggled against norms and mores of his time to bring change into a world which he felt was changing too slowly.






GSY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selling your book or selling your soul?

#movies - Review - King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Questions for Spartagus.