Seven Questions for K.D. McCrite


Stopping by to answer #SevenQuestions today is the wonderful K.D. McCrite. Not only is K.D. a gifted writer, she's a keen supporter of other writers, and fount of writerly knowledge. She kindly took a few moments out of her hectic writing schedule to answer my goofy questions.

Check out K.D.'s book and social media links below!

Photo by: D. Savannah George-Jones

1 - If you weren't able to write, how would your creativity manifest itself?

If I couldn’t write, my ability to otherwise create would probably be compromised. I’m not a bad artist, so I’d get out my oils and canvases. I also have a natural ear for music, so I’d probably do a lot of music playing, and maybe some music writing. Sewing and other handcrafts would also be on that list of things to do.

2 - Are you scared of running out of ideas?

Surely you jest. I’m scared of running out of years (or working brain cells) before I exhaust these warehouse of ideas stored in my head.
3 - What is your biggest phobia?

Phobia means an unreasonable fear, so we’ll eliminate my fear of water, snakes, cities, traffic, freeways, interstates, air travel, closed-in spaces, prison, lightning, caves, basements, cellars, and the dark. I have an unreasonable and crippling terror of mice.


4 - Have you ever lied to get out of doing something so that you could write instead?

Nope. I will write whenever I want to, no matter where I am, even if I have to do it covertly. (And I have done that, often.)

5 - If you won $100 million on the lottery would you still write?

Absolutely. I would buy a house in a quiet neighborhood and make sure I had a soundproof, safe office with lots of windows. I’d hire a cook, a cleaner, an errand-runner, a phone-answerer, a driver, a dog walker, a masseuse, and a proof-reader. And I’d throw lots of dinner parties, because I wouldn’t have to cook or clean up afterwards.


6 - One piece of advice for new writers?

Keep learning and growing as a writer. Don’t give up. (That’s a two-fer. So sue me.)


7 - Which of your characters would you like to date?

The hero from the only historical novel I ever wrote (which is not published). Caley O’Brendan (I came up with that name long before it suddenly hit the world as a popular name for girls, but oh well.) He was an interesting person to me, the black sheep of a wealthy family, suspected of being the bastard son of the patriarch’s close friend, he was disinherited while he was quite young. Strong, intelligent, with a lot of backbone, Caley struggled against norms and mores of his time to bring change into a world which he felt was changing too slowly.






GSY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Seven Questions for Kerriann Curtis

Seven Questions for A.J. Aalto

Seven Questions for Andrew F. Butters