Seven Questions for Kerriann Curtis


Say hello to the wonderful Kerriann Curtis, this week's victim of my #SevenQuestions! 

I met Kerriann on twitter and she was all, "That doesn't look difficult. I could answer your dumb questions."

And I was all, "Yeah? You think so?"

And she was like,
"Pfft. Uh-huh."

So I sent them and she answered them, like super-fast. And then I was all, "Huh. Well, it'll be December before I can post these."

And then she got all up in my business and was like, "Whatever. I can wait. BOOOM." *mic drop*


Or something like that. lol. I may have embellished somewhat. My memory isn't the best.

Anyway, go check out Kerriann's answers and don't forget to check her links at the end!



1 - If you weren’t able to write, how would your creativity manifest itself?

I would love to say that if I weren’t able to write, I would seamlessly transition to painting, sculpting or even dance but honestly these hands were made to write. I would realistically be a teacher (think Mary Poppins meets Mrs. Frizzle), it’s something that I still think about going back to school for and doing anyway.

2 - Are you scared of running out of ideas?

I’m not scared of running out of ideas as much as I am scared of how to execute those ideas in a thoughtful and engaging way that people will be moved by.

3 - Have you ever lied to get out of doing something so that you could write instead?

I don’t think you can call yourself a writer until you’ve done this.

4 - On the days you’re not feeling motivated what will inspire you or kick you in the butt to get you going?

Music. Music is my air, my lifeline to another world where I can escape the mundane of the everyday. The day music stops inspiring me to write, and better myself through my words is the day I put down my pen.

5 - One piece of advice for new writers?

Always carry pen and paper with you everywhere. If you have an idea, write that shit down immediately. Don’t trust yourself to remember it until you can get back to your computer because 9 times out of 10 you won’t. Write it down when it’s fresh in your mind!!

6 - Biggest Phobia?

I have a lot of irrational fears, but number one is roaches. I don’t know what it is about them, but even if I see one dead, belly up I lose it. Scorpions too, but they sting so I wouldn’t say it’s irrational to be afraid of those scary little buggers.

7 - Favorite curse word?

Anyone who knows me knows I am, what my father calls an FMI (Foul Mouthed Individual). That being said, my favorite curse word OF COURSE is Fuck. It’s so versatile. It carries so much weight on its own, and can be combined in countless ways for maximum effect. Hooray sentence enhancers!

Please take a moment to check out Kerriann's links:

Here are the links to my book and twitter. When I'm not writing poetry, I can be found writing, editing and co-running Wordkrapht, a website that focuses on the independent artist.

Amazon Link

Twitter

Wordkrapht

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selling your book or selling your soul?

#movies - Review - King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Questions for Spartagus.