Seven Questions for S.J. Cairns


The scintillating S.J Cairns stopped by to shoot the shi...breeze. So, I asked her seven questions on subjects stretching from her international best-seller, SOUL DISCOVERY (check out the book links and my review below!), to stuff that's just silly. Enjoy!


S.J. Cairns



1 - Which actress would you love to see play your main character Sophie in a movie adaptation of your book Soul Discovery?

In the beginning I never put a celebrity's face on Sophie. I thought of a young Katie Holmes, though if an on screen adaptation occurred, I'd want an unknown with bitching acting skills.


2 - Leather or lace?

Do I HAVE to choose?? I'm a leather AND lace kind of girl. Especially of the black lace variety. But I love my leather shit-kickers and jacket. Couldn't give either of them up.

3 - What is your biggest phobia?

My biggest phobia is open water. Drowning isn't fun. A cruise is nowhere close to my bucket list.

4 - On the days you're not feeling motivated, what will inspire you or kick you in the butt to get going?

The prospect of never publishing another novel keeps me writing. I haven't reached whatever achievement the inner me wants to achieve yet, so I'll keep going until I know I have. What's that goal? Not a clue. I figure I'll know it when I feel it.

Also, my writing community is full of amazing people who are ready to act as cheerleaders and to keep each other motivated.



5 - If you won $100 million on the lottery would you still write?

Damn right I would. Not only would I still write if I hit the big bucks, I'd write full-time. Right now, I'm working a full-time day job. While the work helps others, shift work isn't my favourite thing in the world.


6 - Which writer has influenced you most?

The writer who has influenced me the most is Anne Rice. As a semi-youngster, her books were the first I stole from my mother's collection and the first to truly grab at and draw me into the world of supernatural fiction. I've been sweet on the genre ever since.


7 - Paper or plastic (books I mean...physical book or e-reader?)

I'm a paper fan. You go to a book store, get a delivery, feel the weight in your hands, the smell of the paper, an ebook can't beat the feeling of authenticity. While I own an ebook and find value in the technology when buying novellas, testing new authors, or travelling, I enjoy filling shelves with colourful spines. Totally drool-worthy.


Thanks for reading, dreamers and screamers.


My thanks to Sami-Jo for stopping by for a quick chat. You can follow her on social media by following these links:

Email: samijocairns@gmail.com


Author Website/Blog: www.sjcairns.com

Amazon Profile Page: http://www.amazon.com/S.J.-Cairns/e/B01DWUQ1Z2/ref=dp_byline_cont_book_1

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SJCairnsauthor/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SamiJoCairns or @SamiJoCairns

Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/samijomac/



I highly recommend you check out her book: Soul Discovery.

Read my review here: Soul Discovery Review


And here's the blurb:

Soul Discovery


Sophie Saterlee has made it her mission to get her life together. Leaving behind an abusive relationship, she's bartending her way through a psychology degree. Ultimate goal? A new, stronger sense of identity.

When a terrifying recurring nightmare begins to poison Sophie’s waking hours and threaten all her progress, once again she’s close to losing everything.

An invitation to a tea leaf reading party sounds like exactly the kind of distraction Sophie needs. But an innocent girls' night out turns into a journey through a complex and treacherous world of magic.

To survive it, Sophie must forge uncomfortable alliances with arrogant Donovan and mysterious Caine. One of them is tied to her past, and the other fills her present. Both men might hold the key to her uncertain future.

There's more going on in her little corner of the world than Sophie realizes, and the truth will change everything.

Follow these links to pick up your copy:


Amazon US: myBook.to/SoulDiscoveryUS
Amazon UK: myBook.to/SoulDiscoveryUK
Amazon CAN: myBook.to/SoulSeerChronicles
Amazon AU: myBook.to/SoulDiscoveryAU
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29638276-soul-discovery


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Selling your book or selling your soul?

#movies - Review - King Arthur: Legend of the Sword

Questions for Spartagus.